Beechworth Celtic Festival 4th, 5th & 6th November 2016
Once again the Beechworth Celtic Festival will entertain crowds of Celtic lovers in Beechworth.
We will post further information about the 2016 festival as time gets closer.
OCTOBER ANNOUNCEMENT, 2015
This years' festival will take on a new format of entertainment and celebration in the Celtic spirit.
A number of activities are planned as follows:
- The Celtic Dinner at the Beechworth Old Priory – phone 03 5728 1024 for bookings
- Music at Tanswells Commercial Hotel
- A Meet and Greet session at the Hotel Nicholas
- The Hotel Nicholas, Tanswells Hotel, Empire Hotel and Beechworth Honey Discovery will have music and activities on during the day.
- Between 6am and 6pm there will be a street closure of Camp Street between Ford and High Streets containing a Stage with street entertainment and Celtic Dancing
- Many local traders will have trading tables adjacent to their businesses throughout the retail area
- The Rotary Club Celtic Market and “Scots on the Rock” music at Queen Victoria Park will entertain from 9am – 4pm. The Market offers something for everyone with food, traditional crafts, jewellery, face painting, clan information and more. Phone 03 5728 2915 for further information.
- The Beechworth Farmers Market at Christ Church from 8am - 1pm.
- Victorian Scottish Union Highland Dancing Competition - Town Hall Gardens - 12.30pm onwards
- A Highland Bands walk from Queen Victoria Park to the street closure in Camp Street via the Old Goal, the Town Hall Gardens and the Historic Precinct at regular intervals on the Saturday with music enroute.
- Highland Music and Pipers Crawl from location to location from 4-6pm
- Hotel Nicholas and Tanswells Hotel have Celtic Bands playing throughout the evening
- Hotel Nicholas will host a poets breakfast and have Celtic Bands playing thourghout the afternoon
- Bridge Road Brewery will have Celtic performers throughout the afternoon
The Celtic Festival is a diverse event with something to offer every age group, so this year in 2015 bring the whole family and create some fabulous Celtic memories together.
Details of all of the above are currently being finalised.